Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Okay, I'll say Yes

I said "Yes" with my palms up...
yes to swinging with "Little Mr. Big Boy" while we sing Jesus Loves me.
yes to getting up early all summer to love the Little Mr. and have him stay with me for the day. 
yes to closing my sewing room door for the summer, so the Little Mr. isn't just babysat but is cared for.




yes to on-line-Bible study instead of gathering with my friends for coffee and laughs.
yes to whatever it is Jesus has for me, even if it looks like 40 years walking around  the desert, a year floating on an ark, 99 barren years, 2 years of waiting.
Others are experiencing fireworks and fruit, I am waiting, palms up. 
I am experiencing peace, joy, love. No fireworks but so, so, so, much more.
Waiting, standing up, waiting standing firm, waiting and saying yes.
Hebrews 6:15 "Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.
I said "Yes" with my palms up.....

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're saying yes and choosing radical obedience even in the middle of your ordinary, normal day. You're making a difference right where you are. And it's huge. Thank you for sharing your yes story...your words are a blessing. Hugs~Shelly (OBS Team Leader/Blog Hop Coordinator)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. God is in the little things. And he will bless you for your obedience!

    ReplyDelete