Saturday, October 26, 2013

If my life is a mess, then...

When my life seems like it is out of control,
 the house is a mess, the finances are a mess, 
my prayer life is weak, eating healthy is gone, 
or things just feel off; then I go back to - 

              "The Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He required of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Lots of times things are a mess because I haven't been doing what is right, I don't love mercy, and  I don't walk humbly with my God , so my life is not in control.
Recently my 80 year old dad completed a mountain marathon. He is a tough guy but this was a challenge, even for the 800 people who were all younger than him. When asked how he does it he replied, "I get outside everyday, I work hard and keep on doing it even when I don't feel like it."
The Lord has told us what is good, and He has told us what is required. If I am not walking humbly with Him so many things will go off, no matter what I do to try and fix it. 
It is simple really, "keep on doing it even when I don't feel like it." 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your dad is an inspiration! I really needed that push to get out there today. Thank you for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So inspiring! It is hard to do it when you don't feel like it, but you are right, we need to keep doing it! Even then! Thanks for challenging me to do just that!

    ReplyDelete